From: Roger B. Marks [mailto:r.b.marks@ieee.org]
Sent: 09 May 2001 15:01
To: stds-802-16-tg1@ieee.org
Subject: stds-802-16-tg1: delete Mode A?

Dear TG1 Folks:

As I'm sure you know, the TG1 PHY includes two downlink modes: Mode A
(Continuous) and Mode B (Burst).

Over the past few meetings, there has been informal discussion about
the advantages of streamlining the document and encouraging
interoperability by reducing options. One issue that has been
informally discussing regards the deletion of Mode A.

This topic may arise at Session #13 next week. In preparation, I
would like to gather some input on the importance of Mode A.

I'd like to encourage you to reply to the TG1 reflector with your
preference on whether or not to keep Mode A. I also welcome your
thoughts on the topic.

Regards,

Roger