RE: stds-802-16: Election of 802.16 Chair, and Chair's Appointments

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

Roger,

802.16 should a consider a co-vice-chair position.  802.11 has a co-vice chair
position to help out with the plenary sessions, and to assist the chair in the
event that either the vice-chair or secretary is absent or cannot attend the
entire session.  In addition, each of the chair positions for 802.11 must have
their company sponsor them in this capacity.  For example 802.11 requires each
officer, to file a signed letter to 802.11 from their employer (sponsor)
,stating that this position requires their employee, in this capacity, to attend
>75%  of the sessions and cover the travel expenses interim and plenary
meetings. This is make sure that the working group's officers are committed to
the process and their employers understand their commitment.

- Al Petrick 802.11 Vice-Chair