[STDS-802-16] new MANDATORY rules and procedures for contribution submittal

Title: new MANDATORY rules and procedures for contribution submit
Colleagues,

I need to bring some order to our rather chaotic document submittal process. Therefore, I am instituting the mandatory  rules below. They are not complicated; many people have already been following them. However, you must follow them or have your contribution rejected.

You don't need to memorize these rules, because I have incorporated them into the document upload process. You need to indicate your acknowledgement of each item before you upload.

One of the difficulties for people trying to follow the rules has been the lack of a formal process for reserving contribution serial numbers. The system has always made it possible to reserve numbers, but the note below establishes a specific procedure for doing so. You are not required to reserve a number, but you otherwise risk the possibility that someone else grabs your number before you upload; if this happens, you will need to modify your document. If you aren't working near the deadline, the risk of collision is fairly small.

I'm happy to hear your thoughts on this procedure. If I update it slightly, I probably won't send a new note to the reflector, because you will see the new procedure next time you upload.

Regards,

Roger

NOTE ON UPLOAD PAGE:

Before submitting your contribution, click each button below to acknowledge the following:
[] The first line of the description box above is the title of my contribution.
[] The second line of the description box above is the list of the contribution's authors, separated by commas.
[] The contribution's file name is EXACTLY of the proper form, for example:
*  For TGe: "C80216e-04_NNN.ext", where NNN is the proper two-digit or three-digit serial number (see below) and ext is the file extension (normally "doc", "pdf", "ppt", "fm", or "zip"). Note that "." and "/" are not used because they are not compatible with some file systems. If your contribution is a slide presentation to accompany a contributed document, use an "S" (for "slides") instead of a "C" (for "contribution").
[] The document is submitted on the appropriate template and shows the current date.
[] The correct contribution number has been inserted into the appropriate place in the template, in EXACTLY the proper format; for example:
*  For TGe: "IEEE C802.16e-04/NNN", where NNN is the proper serial number.
[] I understand the process for choosing and reserving serial numbers (see below).
[] If this is a revised contribution, I have modified the file name format by adding "rM" immediately after the serial number, where M is the sequence number of the revision. I have also modified the contribution number in the template in exactly the same way. The original contribution does not include an "r0". The first time the original contribution is revised, the "r1" is added.
[] If this is a revised contribution, I acknowledge that I am authorized by the previous authors to revise the contribution. I understand that it is completely inappropriate to submit an unauthorized revision, intentionally or not, and I expect to be punished accordingly if I do so.
[] I understand that, if I have not answered these questions correctly, my contribution may be rejected and deleted without notification.

Choosing and Reserving Serial Numbers:
* Choose the next available serial number based on the documents in the upload directory and those in the associated file index.
* If you wish to reserve a serial number while you prepare your document, upload any small dummy file following these instructions exactly but adding the tag "rsv" following the serial number that you wish to reserve (e.g, "C80216e-04_NNNrsv.pdf"). The file will not be used, but your colleagues know to avoid your reserved number. Do not use any number that is held in reserve by someone else!