[RPRWG] RFC 2892; The Cisco SRP MAC Layer Protocol

After reading through RFC2892, it is not clear to me how each node
"discovers"  which interface  is on which ring (i.e. inner or outer).

I'm not suggesting we follow this implementation, but I am curious how the
assignment is done.

 It could be done with a master device, but I believe that goes against one
of our objectives, I'd know if they were posted:)

It could be hard coded, but that might limit flexibility.

Regards,

Dave Brown
Chief Architect
MOSAID Semiconductor