     To: stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
     Subject: Re: [RPRWG] Cut through definition?
     From: "William Dai" <
wdai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:29:16 -0700
     Sender:
owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx

 Dear Harmen,

 I really cannot agree with your "freedom" speech in the context of MAC definition.
 Let's not forget we're defining a "shared media" MAC.

 If my understanding is correct, you don't even want to standardize on the different
 class behavior of the MAC, right ? If you don't agree that there should be any class
 behavior class difference at MAC layer, I rest my case; otherwise, if you allow
 different node has different interpretation of the class behavior, then where is the
 "Interoperablity" coming from ?

 Best Regards

 William Dai