[RPRWG] RPR Proposal

I have posted a revision of the proposal that we distributed in hardcopy
at the May meeting.  It is posted at
http://www.ieee802.org/17/documents/presentations/jul2001/jul_2001_presentations.htm
(titled 'Proposal for Portland').

This is an architectural proposal, not a description of objectives or
requirements.  It's an attempt to converge our own RPR views with what
we have been hearing from others.  Comments can go to the reflector or
to me.  I'd be particularly interested in hearing from people who might
be in agreement with some part of the proposal, but would like changes
in particular places (or would like to fill in some of the gaps).

The proposal isn't complete and hasn't been fully debugged (all the
usual disclaimers).  There is a typo in the second sentence,
'understanding' should be 'understand'.

Bob