[RPRWG] 802.1w vs. Sisco's "Backbone Fast Enhancements to Standard STP"

Hi,

As far as I understand, 802.1w is oriented to downstream additional handshake (described in 17.9),
while Sisco's "Backbone Fast Enhancements to Standard STP" does upstream (toward root bridge)
handshake. IMHO both ideas would make reconfiguration faster.

Why 802.1w does not contain both of them ?
Could you point me to anyone, who would interest in relation between 802.1w and
Sisco's "Backbone Fast Enhancements to Standard STP"
on http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/18.html ?

Thanks a lot, Alex