[RPRWG] RPR and 1+1 linear APS like configuration.

Hi All,
    I have read few of the documents that are published/posted on web and I have this very basic question regarding 802.17.

Can RPR used to implement something like 1+1 linear non-revertive APS equivalent. One simple way is to look at it as a ring with two nodes and four links. If a link breaks other link can be reused. Since I did not see this mentioned specifically I was wondering if it is a possible configuration for RPR.

Thanks,
vanshi