Re: [RPRWG] Outline ordering

I, for one, have no objection.  However, I would like to hear from anyone on
the reflector that has a problem with this suggestion.

Assuming there are no objections, we still have a slight procedural problem.
The Working Group has voted to approve the original organization of the
material.  We can change that position at our January Interim meeting, try
to hold an electronic ballot, or ignore the groups decision.  Personally, I
believe the last alternative gets us on a slippery slope that we should
avoid.  The electronic ballot option has the problem that our Working Group
has not yet established rules for electronic voting on issues.

David, do you have any significant problem waiting for the January interim
meeting to change around the order of the clauses?

All, the need to make decisions between meetings could be easily addressed
if we establish rules for electronic balloting.  I recommend that we develop
explicit rules and vote them in at our next meeting.  It is extremely
convenient and potentially important to maintaining our schedule, to be able
to make course corrections between meetings.  We should arm ourselves with
the administrative tools to be able to do that.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
Chair, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx          Fax: 208 978-1187