RE: [RPRWG] Frame reordering for medium priority traffic in Ganda lf?

Sorry, but I'm still confused. How can reordering out-of-profile TCP traffic make things worse? Either it triggers fast retransmit/fast recovery, so the sending station slows down its sending rate, or it doesn't trigger fast retransmit/fast recovery, so there is no effect.

Spencer

-----Original Message-----
From: Anoop Ghanwani [mailto:anoop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 10:05 AM
To: 'Dawkins, Spencer'; stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RPRWG] Frame reordering for medium priority traffic in Ganda lf?

First, this is not a single station that we're talking about here.
Second, the out-of-profile traffic was admitted because the
network thought it could deliver it.  Reordering the traffic might
actually make things worse.  It's like getting a freebie that might
make your life worse without telling you about it.

-Anoop