Re: [RPRWG] Frame reordering for medium priority traffic in Gandalf?

Gary,

I was not able to find the part that you are referring to in the Gandalf draft.
Are you sure that you are accessing
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/17/documents/drafts/gandalf_04Plus.pdf.

Thanks.

Necdet

"Turner, Gary (Gary)" wrote:

> Mike, Anoop, Jim,
>
> Unfortunately, the revised text still says:
>
> "However the priority class on the ring transit
> path will be different depending on whether the
> particular frame is in or out of its agreed
> CIR/EIR/BIR profile."
>
> This would still lead to misordering.
>
> Looking at other parts of the proposal, in particular
> the flowchart of Fig. 12 on page 39 I think the profile
> conformance only affects access to the ring: during
> the time of conformance Med packets are added just
> behind Hi packets in priority, but during the time of
> nonconformance they are added subject to the
> fairness algorithm, just ahead of Lo traffic.
>
> Once on the ring Med traffic always occupies the Lo
> transit queue.
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary Turner
>
> > ----------

begin:vcard
n:Uzun;Necdet
tel;work:408 853 0461
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.cisco.com
version:2.1
email;internet:nuzun@xxxxxxxxx
adr;quoted-printable:;;Cisco Systems, Inc.=0D=0A170 W. Tasman Drive SJ-16-3=0D=0A;San Jose;CA;95134;
fn:Necdet Uzun
end:vcard