Re: [RPRWG] Editor in Chief for IEEE 802.17

Mike, I join you in welcoming Tom onboard.  He is tackling a big job and
will need the help of the entire working group, both in developing text for
the standard, and in evaluating and voting on that text.

There is one step that we can each take now to help make sure the draft
creation and evaluation process will continue smoothly from a procedural
standpoint.  A test ballot was begun on December 19th (See Mike Takefman's
note of that date, "[RPRWG] Announcement of Opening of 802.17 Working Group
Ballot Dry Run").  It should take less than one hour to follow the
directions contained in that note to download the sample text, download and
unzip the database, and fill in a few comments (They don't have to be
serious comments, since we are just trying to exercise the process), and
submit them to Tom.  By doing so you will help him shake out the data-base,
and have an opportunity to both learn how to use it, and to find out if
there are features that you would like to see modified.

Since we plan to use this database to create and help resolve comments on
the draft, it is crucial that everyone be familiar with it.  If you haven't
yet followed the instructions in Mike Takefman's December 19th email
"[RPRWG] Announcement of Opening of 802.17 Working Group Ballot Dry Run",
please do so this week.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
Chair, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx          Fax: 208 978-1187