RE: [RPRWG] Editor in Chief for IEEE 802.17

Mike,

I'm somewhat surprized that this kind of position is
appointed by the Chair, rather than voted on by the
committee. Certainly other working groups have worked
in this fashion.

I know very little about Tom Alexander, so I really
have no idea if his selection was good or bad.

When trying to reach consensus, however, an announced
vote (as opposed to an pronounced judgement) is likely
to be more effective.

I am, of course, somewhat biased on this issue.
I was intending to run for "chief editor" if and when
the election was announced. While I'm not perfect in
English, I'm not bad with a word processor and have
no strong corporate bias or commitment.

Consensus generally comes through active involvement
of the participants, not passive acceptance of decrees
provided to them.

DVJ

David V. James, PhD
Chief Architect