Re: [RPRWG] Editor in Chief for IEEE 802.17

David,

I had a long discussion with Jim Carlo (former chair of
802) and some of the other chairs on the issue of editors
over the past 1/2 year.

I was assured that it is my job as chair to select the
editor and to manage him / her. Refering to the 802 Operating
Rules section 5.1.4.4 Working Group Chair's Authority
bullet d), "Assign/unassign subtasks and task leaders or
executors, e.g. secretary, subgroup chair, etc."

Overall, I have been very democratic in the operation of the
group, but in this instance I decided to assert my authority.

cheers,

mike