[RPRWG] Re: Some questions about Gandalf draft!

Arben,

Yes, you are right on both.

Forward rate accounting using LP + eMP ensures the best isolation of local
congestion domains (fairness domains) .
Even though I believe that 4 choke point is more than enough to avoid head of
line blocking, providing N choke information to the client makes any VDQ
implementation possible.

Thanks.

Necdet

Arben Lila wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in your presentation from 9/6/2001 slide nr.10 stands for forward rate that
> counts
> low and medium priority transit traffic (all). In the newest Gandalf draft
> stands for forward rate that counts low and (now only) exceed medium
> priority transit traffic. I suppose the later one is correct! Can you please
> tell if I'm wrong? And another question too: in the first draft there were
> at maximum 4 chokes. At the last one there is nothing more about the max.
> number of chokes. I again suppose that the max. number of chokes is the
> number of stations on the ring! Am I right?
>
> thanks,
>
> Arben
>
> ====================================
> Dipl.-Ing. Arben LILA
> Institute of Communication Networks
> Vienna University of Technology
> Favoritenstrasse 9 / 388
> A-1040 Vienna, Austria
> Tel.  1-58801-38825
> Fax.  1-58801-38898
begin:vcard
n:Uzun;Necdet
tel;work:408 853 0461
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.cisco.com
version:2.1
email;internet:nuzun@xxxxxxxxx
adr;quoted-printable:;;Cisco Systems, Inc.=0D=0A170 W. Tasman Drive SJ-16-3=0D=0A;San Jose;CA;95134;
fn:Necdet Uzun
end:vcard