Re: [RPRWG] A question on IP over RPR

Speaking with my Cisco Hat on,

we have received so much customer feedback that RPR should have
the hooks in to allow layer 3 to control / select various things
like ring selection. I believe the standard should allow either
layer 2 or layer 3 to control it. When layer 3 knows some things
about what is going on below, it can make better decisions.

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@xxxxxxxxx
Manager of Engineering,       Cisco Systems