From: owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-stds-802-17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nader Vijeh
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 1:12 PM
To: stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RPRWG] RAH: Re: Minutes of Rate Ad Hoc meeting

We have customers that find loosing packets in the transport side of the
network unacceptable. One of the reasons we hear is the "multi-tier"
environment, where the transport and the service side may be "logically"
separate and belong to different business entities.  Another item to
consider is that RPR is competing with SONET for the data transport
infrastructure and SONET does not loose packets in transit.

Nader