[RPRWG] Proposed IEEE802.17 Electronic Voting Rules

Based on the high level of interest in possible IEEE 802.17 Electronic
Voting rules, I recommend we take this topic up for discussion at our July
plenary meeting on Monday morning.  In advance of that I recommend we
develop the rules and post them to the reflector.

Attached is my very first cut at what those voting rules may be.  Please
note the sentence
"Normally motions will be considered in order if it is important to the
progress of the WG for them to be settled prior to our next plenary meeting,
otherwise they will be ruled out of order."

I propose that we only use electronic voting when not doing so would slow
down our progress.  I believe it should be used to enhance our normal
processes, not subvert them.  By limiting electronic voting in this way, I
believe that most of the objections posted on this reflector will be
addressed.

I encourage those of you with suggestions for improving this proposed motion
(to be discussed in July) to post your suggested revisions and comments.
This way we can expedite our July discussion.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
Chair, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx          Fax: 208 978-1187