[RPRWG] [Fwd: Ballot Reminder - your thoughts?]

RPRWGers,

the ballot runs for approximately 1 more week, please
remember to get your votes in. Failure to respond to
ballots will result in loss of voting rights.

A reminder about process.

A passing ballot does not imply that the draft will
be forwarded to Sponsor Ballot. The WG must vote to
forward the draft for Sponsor Ballot. What a passing
ballot does is begin the recirculation process on
the draft. Once we are in recirculations, you may
only comment on changed portions of the draft or on
areas affected by a change elsewhere. Hence the process
begins to become bounded. As a WG, we should not forward
a draft for sponsor until we have reached the point where
improvements to the draft / concensus have been maximized.

Thus your approve vote can be interpreted as either a
belief that it is time to start getting the draft
ready for sponsor ballot, or that you believe that it
is time to begin to recirculate. Both are equivalent.

In terms of voting approve with comments versus
dissaprove with comments. If you fundamentally believe
that something is broken, then you may choose to vote
disapprove with comments. If you believe that something
is broken, but believe that you can work with your
fellow RPRWGers to resolve the comments you can vote
approve with comments. There is risk in voting approve
with comments, in that if the comment is not resolved
to your satisfaction, but the ballot passed and the
text is unchanged, then you are out of luck until the
draft comes back in sponsor (and you end up being a
member of the sponsor group, which is not guaranteed).

Note: You may change your vote from approve to disapprove
during recirculations. All you have to do is comment on
a changed portion of text.

Should a recirculated ballot fail, we are back to commenting
on the entire draft (and the number advances to the next
major revision).

cheers,

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@xxxxxxxxx
Manager of Engineering,       Cisco Systems