stds-80220-requirements: Table of Contents - Comments & Inputs

All,
The below are my comments and inputs. I sent these to Dave McGinniss earlier.
Regards,
Jerry Upton

June 4, 2003
Comments and Inputs - - 802.20 Requirements Document Table of Contents

1.  Section 1.3 Services and Applications should be a standalone Section. This a key part of the Requirements document and should not be folded into an Overview Section.

2.  Section 2.1 Definition of Terms should be an Appendix that can be updated as new terms are introduced in the Requirements document. By creating an Appendix for Terms the section can also be used by the other teams creating documents.

3.  Section 3.2 System Architecture - - question why we are doing Architecture in a Requirement document? If this is included, then it should be covered after the System Performance Requirements.

4.  A Section on Co-Existence should be included in the Requirements Document. In the last meeting there was a comment that co-existence can only be done after the fact. However, Jim Lansford, Chair of 802.19 Co-Existence TAG, recently spoke with the 802.15 TG3a about the need for addressing co-existence during the development of the standard. Therefore a Requirements section specifically calling out the needs for Co-existence is suggested.

5.  A Section that compares and baselines the Target Values of the Characteristics in the PAR to other existing mobile systems and other existing mobile systems standards. The PAR states in item 18: “ the standard to be developed targets spectral efficiencies, sustained user data rates and numbers of users, which are all significantly higher than those achieved by existing mobile communications systems.” Therefore a baseline comparison will help define “ Significantly Higher.”