From: Mcginniss, Dave S [GMG] [mailto:david.s.mcginniss@mail.sprint.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 5:15 PM
To: stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org
Subject: stds-80220-requirements: Requirements

I do not believe that any of the following things belong in the requirements document.

1                     Handoff’s to other technologies

2                     VoIP may be a compelling use for an 802.20 system but 802.20 should not be picking Codec’s. The standard should require that latency below X jitter below Y and QOS allow ARQ to be disabled that enable VOIP to be used if it is desired by the operator or customer.

3                     Call features do not belong at all in the document.

4                     Call blocking when at MAC capacity should be supported for a variety of common signaling protocols SIP, SIP+ MGCP, H.323 etc.

5                     Erlang estimates do not belong added to the PAR tables in the System Requirements section as they were not part of the PAR.

David S. McGinniss

Sprint Broadband Wireless Group

Principal Engineer II

(630) 926-3184