stds-80220-requirements: Comments on requirements document Rev6

Folk-

1-  I am entering comments on several sections of rev 6.  Should I have done
one comment per numbered paragraph in each e-mail?  A single comment per
e-mail may help the editor as well as any commenter.

2- On page 9, lines 10-17, the figure needs to show 802.20, and where it
fits.  We should wait for updates till after the telecom in September.  Also
where is the figure proposed by Mark?

3- On page 10, line 35 we say "AI" but we never define "AI".  If I look at
the figure on 11 at the top, AI is layers 1 thru 3 (or perhaps more).  If I
read section 4, AI appears to be air interface from radio to radio.  If the
second definition is correct, then what is the "AI interface to a DS3?" in
more laymen's words, how does a radio directly interface to a cable?

4- We need to add a definition of "AI" to the appendix of definitions

5-On page 11, lines 8-10 and page 12 lines 3-4 we have definition for system
gain.  We should place these definitions in the appendix of definitions

6- the discussion on section 4.1.15 needs to be condensed.  There appears to
be changes on changes in the section.  I am sure there is commonality, but
it is difficult to find.

7- On page 28, line 16, replay attacks are not always a denial of service.

8- On page 28, line 15, a wide band RF signal is a denial of service attack.
(Remember a Microwave can be a denial of service at 2.4 Ghz)

9- starting on page 30, section 4.4 seems to be a rehash of the previous
sections.  For example we have QOS on page 21 and again here.  We need to
have it only one place.

10- On page 33-34 section 4.4.1.1.1, can some one give me the rational for
protocol mapping to the MAC layer?

11- On page 37, sections 4.5.1.1 - 4.5.1.4, without any text, why are these
paragraphs marked "closure pending"?

12- on page 38 we specify an interface to 802.1Q.  Why not interfaces to the
other 802 specs, i,e 802.1x, 802.1 bridging, 802.10?

13- On page 40, line 12 specified a SNMP oid.  Rather than the number, can I
get the description.

14- On page 41, sections 4.5.6 and 4.5.8 appear to be the same.

alan