From: Li Junyi [mailto:Junyi_Li@flarion.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 5:56 PM
To: Marianna Goldhammer; Jin-Weon Chang; stds-80220-requirements@ieee.org
Subject: RE: stds-80220-requirements: 4.1.9 Latency- ARQ loop delay

Jin,

I am a little puzzled by your estimation. Note that when a physical frame is transmitted, it is also received at the same time. Unless the receiver has to take the entire time duration of a physical frame to finish the decoding after the frame has been received, the ARQ loop delay seems to be dominated by the two TX physical frames, not four.

In addition, the use of small frame size is not uncommon in other technologies. For example, in HDR, the slot time is 1.66ms. Voice traffic often has delay constraint of 20 or 40 ms. Considering the scheduling jitter and retransmission requirement, 10 ms ARQ loop delay does not seem to be terribly small.

Regards,

Junyi