RE: stds-80220-requirements: 802.1q/p

Title: Message

My original message was too long due to the graphics, so here it goes again, compressed.

Branislav
Given all the comments, there appear to be two alternative approaches that may be agreeable to everybody:

1) An 802.16 style architectural solution with convergence sub-layers as below where 802.1q/p and other solutions are individual parallel sub-layers:

[bran] -see compressed attachments

2) A simpler solution where we functionally require traffic classification and switching and name as examples different alternatives.  That would be my preference. So. here is our proposal:

PROPOSED NEW TEXT

4.5.2 Traffic Switching

802.1q tagging, PPP, MPLS or a functionally equivalent upper layer solution must be supported by the system (such that network egress traffic can be switched by a L2 device to the appropriate L2 termination device for managing backbone traffic or distinguishing traffic for wholesale partners in a wholesale environment).

Branislav