RE: contributions for upcoming May 2004 meeting - L2.5 Concrete Model ?

As standards stand today it is not simple. Special case configurations
can make this scenario simple (such as a common mobility-aware bridge
for WLAN and wireline).

In general, wire-line to wireless seamless handoff is less trivial (as
some smart heuristic is needed to overcome break-before-make issue -
especially w.r.t. latency-sensitive sessions and applications) than
WLAN-to-wireline make-before-make paradigm.

-mani
Concrete
> Model ?
>
> My intentional scenario is a mobile office.
> We have to use a wired connection with
> several management applications on the
> PC. It is to enhance the security aspect
> and central contralability especially
> authentication, thus I generally use a
> ethernet to access internet in my office.
> Let's assume we are about to leave our
> desk toward meeting room or elsewhere
> for a while and we still need to maintain
> our connection and application. Then we
> need to switch our interface to the WLAN
> automatically if it's available.
>
> it's too simple ? or anything else ?
>

> Regards.
>
> - Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
> - Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.

L2