RE: [802.21] Unresolved Comments

Title: Message

fyi..

From: Bhatt Yogesh-E42614 [mailto:yogeshbhatt@motorola.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 8:59 AM
To: Gupta, Vivek G
Cc: 'STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG'
Subject: RE: [802.21] Unresolved Comments

Vivek,

Editorial work has changed one of the comments by me and Alan last meeting.

The comemnt was :

Comments from 7/14:

o       Could add service to handle L2 based handoffs and perhaps make them "invisible" to higher layers unless higher layers express interest in the process/events

o       Can get "wider" in time

Now it look like below in current version 7 of req draft.

 The L2.5 can get "broader" in terms of functionality and can provide many other services seamlessly to higher layers.

So the entire idea of putting a subsection regarding -the service requested by L2.5 from layers below it and services offered by L2.5 to the layers above -has been lost in editorial work.

Re-working on these would capture the comemnts in its true meaning.

Suggested text: (Alan please give your input ASAP)

4.2  Layer 2.5 Services

       Layer 2.5 shall use the services provided by layer 2 such  as secured connection, guaranteed delivery.

       Layer 2.5 shall provide services to upper layers such as Link availability,  Link parameters in push and pull both modes.

Vivek , I am unable to post to IEEE list server today. Please forward it to Alan and List server. I appreciate your help here.

Thanks & BR,

Yogesh Bhatt

Global Standards-Personal Communications Sector

600 North U.S. Highway 45

Libertyville, IL 60048, USA

Phone: +1-847-523-0126,

Fax:     +1-847-523-5660