Comments on the performance metrics

Hello,

As was discussed in the teleconference I had a couple thoughts/ideas that
might be useful to include in the optional performance metrics. They are not
as easily measurable as the others in the list, but can anyway be quite
important for the success of the final 802.21 standard, and thus important
to give some thoughts to also when elaborating the proposals.

1. Feasibility analysis (maybe a better word for this can be discussed),
what I mean here is to have some basic overview upon what the proposed
approach would mean in practical terms for the network operator/service
operator/end user/vendor and possibly for the applications(and their
development). Things like are new nodes needed in the networks, can the
introduction be done gradually in the supported networks or everywhere
simultaneously, how the roll-out is to be done, changes in operational
processes of the supported networks, what is needed in the subscriptions, to
list some examples.

2. One thing that easily gets forgotten is the backwards compatibility -
what will happen with the legacy equipment? This should also be addressed
somehow.

I do not have Nada's mailaddress so I only send this to Ajay and to the
reflector, I hope Nada gets this via the reflector anyway...

BR, Reijo