Re: [802.21] Higher layer requirem ents for IETF: IS per technology

Hi Michael and Vivek,

These are great.  Having a very thin basic set of MI
(media-independent) IEs seems to be a good idea.  We can definitely
come up with such a basic set quickly.

Regarding basic set of MD IEs, it stil seems blur as to whether we can
really agree on solid set of MD IEs, even if it can be updated later.
I'd rather would like to see them defined in an extended set.

Having said that, I and my colleague are currently heavily looking
into automatically generating extended schemas that can describe any
media-dependent and higher-layer specific IEs from MIBs such as 802.11
and 802.16 MIBs for link-layers as well as IP, Interface and IPv6 MIBs
for higher-layers.  This can be based on SMIv2 to RDF-Schema
translation.  I believe this will allow maximum flexibility as well as
make our information modeling business much easier (i.e., we don't
need to think about which media-dependent information needs to be
supported.)  By this, we can completely clean-up extended schema from
Annex.

Also, I am writing some introductory text about XML and RDF to help
people more understand about XML and RDF as well as some comparison
between XML/RDF and TLV or ANS.1.

Hope this helps,

Yoshihiro Ohba