Re: [802.21] Ad-hoc Teleconferencec on Communication Model ? October 18, 2005

Qiaobing,

I think that the document looks very well.  I now fully agree with Figure X.

I have some minor comments.

[1] In page 3:

"The UE must use L3 transport for exchanging MIH information with an
MIH PoS that is not co-located with a PoA."

As discussed on the reflector, the above "must" should be "may" because
a new Ethertype may be used between the UE and a non-PoA MIH PoS if
the non-PoA MIH PoS resides in the same IP subnet as UE.

[2] In page 4,

"
Communication reference point R2

Reference Point R2 refers to MIH procedures between the MIH on a UE
and an MIH PoS on a candidate PoA. R2 may encompass communications
interfaces over L2, and content passed over R2 can be related to MIIS,
MIES, or MICS.
"

I think L3 communication is also possible on R2, if there is an
established link between UE and a candicate PoA.

Suggested change:

"
Communication reference point R2

Reference Point R2 refers to MIH procedures between the MIH on a UE
and an MIH PoS on a candidate PoA. R2 may encompass communications
interfaces over both L2 and L3 and above, and content passed over R2
can be related to MIIS, MIES, or MICS.
"

[3] In page 5,

"
Communication reference point R2

Reference Point R2 refers to MIH procedures between the MIH on a UE
and an MIH PoS on a candidate PoA. R2 may encompass communications
interfaces over L2, and content passed over R2 can be related to MIIS,
MIES, or MICS.
"

According to comment [1], L3 communication is also possible on R3.

Suggested change:

"
Communication reference point R2

Reference Point R2 refers to MIH procedures between the MIH on a UE
and an MIH PoS on a candidate PoA. R2 may encompass communications
interfaces over both L2 and L3 and above, and content passed over R2
can be related to MIIS, MIES, or MICS.
"

Best regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba