Re: [802.21] Ad-hoc Teleconferencec on Communication Model ? October 18, 2005

Hi, Yoshihiro,

Thanks for the comments. Please see my response in-line.

Yoshihiro Ohba wrote:

> Qiaobing,
>
> I think that the document looks very well.  I now fully agree with
> Figure X.
>
> I have some minor comments.
>
> [1] In page 3:
>
> "The UE must use L3 transport for exchanging MIH information with an
> MIH PoS that is not co-located with a PoA."
>
> As discussed on the reflector, the above "must" should be "may" because
> a new Ethertype may be used between the UE and a non-PoA MIH PoS if
> the non-PoA MIH PoS resides in the same IP subnet as UE.

I agree.

> [2] In page 4,
>
> "
> Communication reference point R2
>
> Reference Point R2 refers to MIH procedures between the MIH on a UE
> and an MIH PoS on a candidate PoA. R2 may encompass communications
> interfaces over L2, and content passed over R2 can be related to MIIS,
> MIES, or MICS.
> "
>
> I think L3 communication is also possible on R2, if there is an
> established link between UE and a candicate PoA.
>
> Suggested change:
>
> "
> Communication reference point R2
>
> Reference Point R2 refers to MIH procedures between the MIH on a UE
> and an MIH PoS on a candidate PoA. R2 may encompass communications
> interfaces over both L2 and L3 and above, and content passed over R2
> can be related to MIIS, MIES, or MICS.
> "

I agree.

> [3] In page 5,
>
> "
> Communication reference point R2
>
> Reference Point R2 refers to MIH procedures between the MIH on a UE
> and an MIH PoS on a candidate PoA. R2 may encompass communications
> interfaces over L2, and content passed over R2 can be related to MIIS,
> MIES, or MICS.
> "
>
> According to comment [1], L3 communication is also possible on R3.
>
> Suggested change:
>
> "
> Communication reference point R2
>
> Reference Point R2 refers to MIH procedures between the MIH on a UE
> and an MIH PoS on a candidate PoA. R2 may encompass communications
> interfaces over both L2 and L3 and above, and content passed over R2
> can be related to MIIS, MIES, or MICS.
> "

I guess you meant to say L2 is also possible on R3? I can agree with
that. In principle, I think we should keep the communication model as
accommodating to different scenarios as possible.

regards,
-Qiaobing