Re: [802.21] Ad-hoc Teleconferencec on Communication Model - October 18, 2005

Srini,

Thanks. Please see my response in-line.

Srinivas.Sreemanthula@nokia.com wrote:

> Hi Qiaobing and others,
> Thanks for the update. This picture seems to capture most of the
> possibilities we intend to enable. I would like to propose the following
> definitions and statements in the doc which, perhaps, are already
> assumed and implicitly understood.
>
> MIH Non-PoS Network Entity: Network-side MIH-capable node than can
> exchange MIH messages only with other MIH-capable network nodes.
> MIH Function: A functional implementation that utilizes MIH services.

Yes, I think both above defs are assumed. I personally have not problem
of making them explicit in the doc.

> The following statements should be embedded somewhere, for clarity.
>
> O) The UE has only one network counter-part MIH PoS in one network for
> each of the MIH services (IS, ES and CS).

I have no problem with this. An alternative is to have the service
specific architecture sections following this top level model to specify
their respective restrictions.

> O) It is possible that a single MIH PoS can host more than one MIH
> service. MIH PoS can provide different sets of MIH services to different
> UE in the network based on the subscription or roaming considerations.
> Effectively, an MIH PoS can provide only a subset or none of those
> services to a particular UE.

I agree with this view. I see no reason to restrict otherwise.

> O) The MIH PoS on a Non-PoA Network Entity and the MIH Non-PoS Network
> Entity could be located either in the serving or visited network,
> candidate network or other networks (e.g. home).

I agree. I see no reason to restrict otherwise.

regards,
-Qiaobing