RE: [802.21] Ad-hoc Teleconferencec on Communication Model - October 18, 2005

Hi Qiaobing and others,
Thanks for the update. This picture seems to capture most of the
possibilities we intend to enable. I would like to propose the following
definitions and statements in the doc which, perhaps, are already
assumed and implicitly understood.

MIH Non-PoS Network Entity: Network-side MIH-capable node than can
exchange MIH messages only with other MIH-capable network nodes.
MIH Function: A functional implementation that utilizes MIH services.

The following statements should be embedded somewhere, for clarity.

O) The UE has only one network counter-part MIH PoS in one network for
each of the MIH services (IS, ES and CS).
O) It is possible that a single MIH PoS can host more than one MIH
service. MIH PoS can provide different sets of MIH services to different
UE in the network based on the subscription or roaming considerations.
Effectively, an MIH PoS can provide only a subset or none of those
services to a particular UE.
O) The MIH PoS on a Non-PoA Network Entity and the MIH Non-PoS Network
Entity could be located either in the serving or visited network,
candidate network or other networks (e.g. home).

Regards,
Srini