RE: [802.21] 802.11 Requirements Teleconference for 5th Jan - CANCELLED

Vivek,
Please find enclosed some comments. I am posting here some of the
comments I discussed with you offline.

>> >support
>> >ability
>you have any
>> >use
>> >[Vivek G Gupta]
>> >Yes the STA typically may not need such capability (if STA
>is the one
>> >that *always* initiates MIH-F communication..), unless there was
>> >non-Infrastructure mode of operation.
>> >You could use 802.11 specific IEs to indicate such capability in
>> >those cases.
>> >I agree this maybe a corner case and its fine with me if
>this is out
>> >of scope.
>> [Stefano] ok, then if you don't mind I would change this.
>>
>[Vivek G Gupta]
>I would be reluctant to change this requirement and would
>prefer to leave it as is. From a requirement perspective this
>still seems ok, if proposals and solutions determine that we
>don't need this, then that is fine.
[Stefano] ok, but then why do we even need requirements? I am sure I can
find solutions that show that all the requirements are not needed, if I
look for it. To me, it is essential that the requirement document is
correct and consistent. Therefore, amendments are absolutely needed.

I've spotted another minor issue, more editorial. Req. 1.7 uses the term
"pre-authentication" meaning "before authentication". Please be aware
this term is ambiguous. In 802.11 pre-authentication is something very
different, since the term is already in use. Therefore, to avoid
ambiguity when the requirements are read by the 802.11 community, I
would suggest changing the term to something like "before
authentication".

My apologies for not catching these issues before.

Stefano