AW: [802.21] AW: [802.21] Tomorrow's Telecon material

Hello Subir & Ajoy,

i would just like to clarify my concern on this matter:

- if we are including an optional "ACK" facility in MIHF protocol
  are we covering "ALL" reliability issues?
  For me transporting the packet in time, retransmission ambiguity
  and message integrity (CRC) are also points for reliability.
  If I'm wrong pls. correct me.

- it is not clear to me yet, what impact is going to come
  on MIHF protocol, if we include ACK as optional:
  + what type of timing issues are to considered between
    sending a MIHF packet and waiting for an ACK (pointed
    out in last teleconf)?
  + whether CRC is to be included into the message at MIHF
    protocol level so that the receiver sends an ACK?
  + what state machines are to be included in the MIHF at
    the sender of a request and also caching of requests
    (though it is an implementation issue, impact is on
     MIHF)?
  + Does MIHF should know in advance about the transport
    protocol prior to deciding about wheter or not to use
    ACK?
    => if answer to this is yes, then I feel, there is
       a potential to simplify the MIHF protocol further.
       Then it is clear to me that MIHF is the entity which
       is selecting the protocol (Q: on what basis?) So
       we are indirectly inducing some decision mechanism
       into MIHF.
    => if answer is no, how does MIHF set this optional
       ACK request?

May be I missed something in understanding the use of optional
ACK within MIHF protocol.

Regards,
Kalyan