3 way handshake

Esteemed 802.21 members:

Please explain me why do we need a 3 way handshake MIH command in Figure
18 and a 3 way handshake MIH info in Figure 22?

IMHO the confirmation message brings no added value when local MIHF
tells its local MIHF user that the request is delivered further to the
remote side. Same outcome can be achieved with a timer. A 3 way
handshake is not a state machine friendly algorithm.

Who is objecting to removing confirm messages in the local stack and why?

Peretz