RE: [802.21] Issue #6 Which operator should we expose in IEs? (doc: 21-06-0667-00-0000_Comment Assignments)

SPAM-
> LOW: Re: [802.21] Issue #6 Which operator should we expose in IEs?
(doc:
> 21-06-0667-00-0000_Comment Assignments)
>
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:59:43AM -0700, Gupta, Vivek G wrote:
> > > This is where semantic query provided by XML/RDF can be really
useful.
> > > MN just needs to ask "Is operator A a roaming partner of operator
B?"
> > > where A is access network operator advertised by the access
network
> > > and B is the operator to which the MN is subscribed.  And the
expected
> > > response for the query is just "Yes" or "No".
> >
> > This can be enabled in other forms (using TLV as well) and is not
really
> > restricted to XML only. Given that some of the IEs are gonna be
quite
> > large in size, this may be the preferred way of operating and we
need to
> > specify such queries that give better performance.
>
> This is true.  On the other hand, it might be hard to come up with a
> satisfactory pre-defined set of query patterns for TLV.  There is a
> comment on this in D01 commentary and this issue has already been
> identified in Annex A of 21-05-0347-00-0000-XML_IS_Introduction.doc.
> This is one of the reasons for allowing both TLV and XML.

[Vivek G Gupta]
We need to explore this more and try to come up with a standardized way
in which the information can be efficiently retrieved and used. That
needs to happen irrespective of the type of format used.
Best Regards
-Vivek