RE: [802.21] Comments on 21-06-0698-01-0000_IP_configuration_methods_IE.doc

Hi Qiaobing,
Thanks for the responses.

The main issue is lack of understanding of the proposed solution. What
would be good is to show all the relevant scenarios where this is useful
along a flow diagram on how it is used based on current IP configuration
principles showing the overall solution. If you think that some current
IP address config mechanisms or mobility mechanisms are affected with
this proposal, please point out the gaps. Also please highlight the
latency benefits of the proposal.

>but some will not.
The question is, based on what assumption are these IE proposed?  If
there is FMIP then the IP address in target network is provided in the
FMIP signaling. Why do we need this configuration methods or DHCP server
address?

>This is actually a policy question.
Agree, the issue is to find such administrators who would set such a
policy and sell our technology. :-)

Regards,
Srini