RE: [802.21] Comments on 21-06-0698-01-0000_IP_configuration_methods_IE.doc

>Any existing mobility management mechanism that I am aware of has
certain form of "handover signaling". Do you mean to say they already
achieved "reduce[d] latency"? Then why are we here to develop 802.21 to
facilitate the existing MM?

Without getting into the specifics of various definitions, I agree with
you that the aim of 802.21 is to facilitate the "existing" MM. Our
working principle should be based on undestanding of "current" IP
mobility mechanisms. Accordingly, IP address management is the job of IP
mobility mechanism. Anything related we do in 802.21 will not be in the
capacity of facilitating but will be in direct conflict with IP address
configuration/discovery mechanisms resulting in duplication and
confusion.

>I am still interested in hearing from you why it is not good if we
assume there is no "FMIPv6 or something equivalent" present in the upper
layer?
Because that is the founding principle to meanigfully define the scope
of work in 802.21. If there is no such signaling and if 802.21 were to
take over the job, we will define a new flavour of "FMIP or equivalent"
here in the WG.

Regards,
Srini