Event subscription with specific threshold.

Hi All,

While reading the draft and hearing some explainations, I am confused
about the relationship Link_Configure_Threshold, Link_Action, MIH_Configure_Link
with the MIH_Event_Subscribe.

Base on the current draft following is my understanding.

Link_Configure_Threshold is a command to determine what condition to
trigger Link_Parameters_Report when a threshold is reached. There is no
periodically reports.

Link_Action is a command for setting a Link. (No QoS Params settings)

Mih_Configure_Link is a command for
   - setting a link, which MIHF in turns invoke Link_Action with the
content of "Operation mode" in the parameter
   - and configure event threshold, which MIHF in turns invoke
Link_Configure_Threshold using "QoS params list". Later MIHF will
translate the Link_Parameters_Report to MIH_Link_Parameters_Report to
whomever subscribed via MIH_Event_Subscribe.

Besides the MIH_Link_Parameters_Report event, all the other event
triggers are deterministic. For example, when to trigger MIH_Link_Going_Down
is determined by MIHF and not by Mih_Configure_Link.

There were some discussion and proposals by others in Draft 4 but wasn't
well received and understood by the group.

In the contribution of #145 for Link Configure, Kenichi propose to split
tthe MIH_Configure_Link to be more easy to understand.

I would like to ask for comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
Alice

--
Yuu-Heng Alice Cheng <yhcheng{at}research.telcordia.com>
Senior Research Scientist, Applied Research, Telcordia Technologies.