Re: [802.21] Event subscription with specific threshold.

Alice,

Please take a look at contribution 21-07-105.  I believe it should
address some of your concern.

Yuu-Heng Alice Cheng wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> While reading the draft and hearing some explainations, I am confused
> about the relationship Link_Configure_Threshold, Link_Action, MIH_Configure_Link
> with the MIH_Event_Subscribe.
>
> Base on the current draft following is my understanding.
>
> Link_Configure_Threshold is a command to determine what condition to
> trigger Link_Parameters_Report when a threshold is reached. There is no
> periodically reports.

A timer interval was added in Table 32 in order to generate
Link_Parameter_Report.indication.

> Link_Action is a command for setting a Link. (No QoS Params settings)

That is still the case.
> Mih_Configure_Link is a command for
>    - setting a link, which MIHF in turns invoke Link_Action with the
> content of "Operation mode" in the parameter
>    - and configure event threshold, which MIHF in turns invoke
> Link_Configure_Threshold using "QoS params list". Later MIHF will
> translate the Link_Parameters_Report to MIH_Link_Parameters_Report to
> whomever subscribed via MIH_Event_Subscribe.

The MIH_Configure_Link will lead to generating a Link_Action and/or
Link_Configure_Threshold. It
has both link measurement info and link state info.
> Besides the MIH_Link_Parameters_Report event, all the other event
> triggers are deterministic. For example, when to trigger MIH_Link_Going_Down
> is determined by MIHF and not by Mih_Configure_Link.

The MIH_Link_Going_Down is triggered by a Link_Going_Down.indication.
There are no mechanisms
to configure a Link_Down/Link_Going_Down events.

Hope this helps.

-Nada

--
Nada Golmie, Ph.D.
Manager, High Speed Network Technologies Group