Re: [802.21] TYPE_IE_SYSTEM_INFORMATION

Hi Jin,

My comments are inline.

Jin Lee wrote:
> Hi Kenichi,
>
> It is to provide system information of each link technology before handover.
> Please refer to 21-07-150-01(Issue 9) which was accepted last June ad-hoc.
> More comments are inline.

[Kenichi]
I see, I read it and understood the motivation of the new IE. Actually
I haven't attended the June ad-hoc meeting.
> Thanks,
> -Jin

[Kenichi]

Based on your comment, I would like to know the format of
DCD, UCD, SIB, SYSTEM_PARAMETERS after the column of PARAMETERS in
P191,D5.2.
The format will need recursive definition like DOWN_BURST_PROFILE.

For example :
DCD_AND_UCD is SEQUENCE (DOWNLINK_BURST_PROFILE, BS_EIRP,
..,RANGING_CDMA_CODE)
DOWNLINK_BURST_PROFILE is INTEGER(x)

>> Regards,
>> Kenichi
>>
>> Kenichi Taniuchi wrote:
>>
>>> I found a new IE in page 171, Annex A, TYPE_IE_POA_SYSTEM_INFORMATION.
>>> I would like to understand about the usage of the IE and also actual
>>> binary encoding for updating Basic Schema.
>>>
> [Jin] Can you articulate your question about binary encoding again?
> I would welcome your comments if we need to work on this.

[Kenichi]
Why NETWORK_TYPE is in SYSTEM_INFORMATION again even it is in
TYPE_IE_NETWORK_TYPE ? ( I could guess what's your answer though..)

What's the contains of MAC_ADDRESS in SYSTEM_INFORMATION ?
If it's AP's ,then it's not needed because it's already in
TYPE_IE_POA_MAC_ADDRESS.
>>> Regards,