Re: [802.21] [clancy@xxxxxxxxxx: [HOKEY] preauth discussion]

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 07:29:49AM -0700, Clint Chaplin wrote:
> If Hokey does indeed go down this particular path, the resulting
> guidelines/recommendations would be useful in guiding the work of
> 802.21, but that also means that 802.21 would probably have to develop
> the actual pre-authentication protocol, rather than just referring to
> an external specification.

Thank you for sending your thoughts.  As far as I know, an "external
specification" points to PANA pre-auth draft which is a work item of
PANA WG.  If PANA WG also follows the current HOKEY charter about
pre-auth, the PANA pre-auth solution would be intended for L3-only
pre-auth with which no L2 security is associated.  This would mean
that the "external specification" does not address inter-technology
handover which 802.21 is dealing with.

In this regard, I agree with your thoughts.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba