DVB Technical Module Meeting

Dear all,

Juan Carlos Zuniga and I joined the DVB Technical Module meeting.
As you all know we were given a time slot for introducing the work of broadcast handovers study group.

The 802.21 presentation by Juan Carlos Zuniga was very well received by the DVB Technical Module people.

There was a discussion after the presentation. To summarize: The handover problem is relevant to all DVB technologies
(DVB-H/T/SH/T2/RCS,etc) and at the moment there are a lot of discussions going on regarding IPTV, IMS services, content uploading, etc., so 802.21 should be considered for all DVB technologies...

At the end there was strong support from the chair and 15 companies showed official interest. Prof. Reimers, the chair of DVB- technical module, was also very happy with the results. A Work Item and formal Liaison will be discussed in the next DVB Technical Module meeting.

best regards

Burak Simsek