IEEE 802.21b comments from media broadcast (TDF)

Dar all,

I am forwarding the comments that we received from Media Broadcast GmbH
on the use cases document of IEEE 802.21b. Dirk asked me for this favor
since he is not yet in the mailing list.

Best regards

Burak

Dear Burak,

The ideas described in the use cases document are very good and fits
into the hybrid network concepts we are developing.
We think the inclusion of the following points can improve the quality
of the use cases and also the respective requirements of the call for
proposals.

1-      The ideas described in the use cases document can be proposed to
the CM-NGH group, which is the successor for DVB-H.
2-      The business models between different actors should be described
in more detail.
3-      Is there an assumption like just one provider? Do you plan to
work on inter-provider cooperation?
4-      Is it possible to integrate downlink only technologies such as
DVB -  T2 and NGH, also by using T2 as uplink?
5-      How is content synchronization possible (e.g. unified service
discovery, global EPG) ?
6-      Which guarantees can be given from broadcaster to mobile
provider side and vice versa?

Regards,

Dr.-Ing. Dirk Hetzer
MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH