[802.3_100GEL] Today's Ad Hoc Cancelled, but There is Work To Do

Happy Monday!

Just a second note that today’s call is cancelled.  But we have some work to do!  We left Geneva with a number of remaining questions.  Presentations and work should be focused on filling in these 3 TBDs between now and Chicago.  Let’s please use this time wisely.  Please send me presentation requests this week for next Monday’s call.

~Beth

Copper cable -

Define a single-lane 100/two-lane 200/four-lane 400 Gb/s PHY for operation over twin-axial copper cables with lengths up to at least TBD m.

It seems that questions remain:

-        needed/usable length

-        usable host channel

-        PHY feasibility for needed loss target

Backplane -

Define a single-lane 100/two-lane 200/four-lane 400 Gb/s PHY for operation over electrical backplanes supporting an insertion loss ≤TBD dB at TBD GHz.

It seems that questions remain:

-        system needs

-        can we manage with existing FEC

-        package assumptions