[802.3_100GEL] D1.3 Comment Resolution Series & Information

Dear Colleagues –

As promised on Wednesday’s Ad Hoc, this email is announcing the series for Draft 1.3 comment resolution.  We have our work cut out for us, but we are finding our stride in this virtual meeting world.  The goal will be again to close all of the 270+ comments received this round.  Kent and I will be hosting 9 meetings for this series, but Matt and ourselves will be actively working to reduce the meeting time.  Calendar invites to come next week.

We know it’s a lot of information, but please read through the overview below.

~Beth & Kent

P802.3ck Chair and Vice-Chair

Below are some key differences in comment resolution compared to our July series.

  • Meetings and deadlines will be split in two: big ticket discussions and regular comment resolution.  We’ll run the first two meetings much like ad hocs, however, we reserve the right to make decisions and close related comments.
  • We’ll plan to take a 5-10 coffee/bio break mid-way through the 3 hour meetings.
  • No “hallway discussion” time on Wednesday prior to the meeting – offline consensus building is highly recommended.
  • Priority may be given to filling in TBDs

Meeting List

  • Tuesday, October 13, 7-10am PDT – Big Ticket Discussions
  • Wednesday, October 14, 7-10am PDT – Big Ticket Discussions
  • Tuesday, October 20, 7-10am PDT
  • Wednesday, October 21, 7-10am PDT
  • Tuesday, October 27, 7-10am PDT
  • Wednesday, October 28, 7-10am PDT
  • Tuesday, November 10, 7-10am PDT
  • Wednesday, November 11, 7-10am PDT
  • Wednesday, November 18, 7-10am PDT

Supporting and Consensus Presentations

  • Presentation requests for any/all D1.3 topics are due (to Beht & Kent) on Wednesday, October 7 AoE
  • Presentation Deadline
    • … for big ticket items listed below… PDF presentations are due to me by Friday, October 9th AoE
    • … for remaining topics… PDF presentations are due to be by Friday, October 16th AoE
  • Remember that presentations should be topic specific (please do NOT cover a large number comments in your presentation unless they are on the same topic)
  • You will be restricted to 10 minutes including questions of clarity … so please be succinct and structure your presentation as such.
  • Special case for big ticket item presentations
    • Depending on the presentation load, we may extend Q&A beyond clarity
    • We will extend the Q&A time as seen fit
    • You may submit a presentation on big ticket items, even it if wasn’t your comment.  If you have data to share on the topic that may help drive us to a decision, please share it!

Big Ticket Items*

*this list may be amended next week… but here are the topics we know so far

  • 120G: eye width (EW) and eye symmetric mask width (ESMW)
  • 120F/163/163A: RX/TX test fixture
  • 162/163/120F/120G/93A/163A: ERL/dERL
  • 162/163/120F/120G: even-odd jitter