[802.3_100GEL] Website Updated & Plenary Information

Dear Colleagues –

Please bear with me for I have a few details that you might find helpful for next week.

  • We meet both Monday afternoon and Tuesday AM.  However, there will be NO IMAT on Monday.  If you would like official attendance credit for Monday, you must attend the WG Opening Plenary.
  • If we finish business on Monday, I intend to cancel Tuesday’s session.  Status to be announced via the reflector at the end of Monday.
  • If you are in person in Montreal
    • Reminder to print your own badge to bring with you.  IEEE will provide the lanyard.
    • The request/rule is that you NOT be in the digital meeting, if you’re in the room.
    • You’ll need/want a device to access DVL when we get to motions.
    • There will be sign-ing sheets in the room (as before).
    • Straw polls are to be done by raise of hands, motions done by DVL.
  • If you’re remote
    • We’ll do our best effort to keep the remote meeting live and manage the queue appropriately between the two spaces.
    • If for any reason, the digital meeting is struggling, the in-person meeting will continue.
    • For your participation, please use the raise hand feature, polling tool for straw polls, and DVL for votes as typical remote meetings.
    • Webex participant lists (for minutes) and IMAT (for official attendance towards voting rights.
  • Proposed responses are now posted:  https://www.ieee802.org/3/ck/comments/index.html
    • Please note that we’re at a point in the process that we need to be very intentional if/when we make changes.
    • It seems all/most of the comments are either continuing a discussion we have already had or are out of scope.  Please recall acceptable responses to SA comments in the agenda deck (slides 24-25 of https://www.ieee802.org/3/ck/public/22_07/agenda_3ck_01_0722.pdf).
    • The current thought is that perhaps we make no changes and progress to an Unconditional RevCom submittal request.  However, obviously each proposed response will come to the floor to be discussed and modified as the CRG (comment resolution group) sees fit.

~Beth