[8023-10GEPON] Frame Delay Variability - simulation results and proposal (updated)

All,

I made a few updates to the 3av_0811_kramer_2.pdf as shown below:

1) On page 4, FEC_Overhead function was erroneously showing "ceiling" brackets instead of the "floor" brackets.
2) On slide 16, the delay variability 0.4 TQ is replaced with 0.2 TQ. (The variability is 4 byte times, which is 0.2 TQ).
3) On slide 15, the definition of alignmentCorrect variable was modified to account for the fact that at the ONU the byteTime counter is reset at the beginning of every burst.

Change #3 is an essential change. Therefore, rather than simply offering an update to a previously posted presentation, these slides will be submitted as a new (post-deadline) presentation (also attached here).

The simulation code used to verify the state machines is uploaded to http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/working_docs/3av_0811_phy_dly_sim.zip

Please, review the readme.txt first. I'll be glad to answer your questions.

Thank you,
Glen