Re: [10GMMF] Channel Model -Task 2 - strawman standard link fo r 4th August conference call - Time variation & modal noise

Jonathan,

I believe that we should be using at least 4 connector model, which is consistent with what we have done in the past. In fact, in many installations there are more than just 4 connectors.

So, I agree with Steve and John.

Regards,

Peter

Petar Pepeljugoski
IBM Research
P.O.Box 218 (mail)
1101 Kitchawan Road, Rte. 134 (shipping)
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

e-mail: petarp@us.ibm.com
phone: (914)-945-3761
fax:        (914)-945-4134

"George, John (John)" <johngeorge@OFSOPTICS.COM>
Sent by: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@listserv.ieee.org

08/04/2004 06:03 PM
Please respond to
"IEEE 802.3aq 10GBASE-LRM"

STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
cc
Subject
Re: [10GMMF] Channel Model -Task 2  -  strawman standard link  fo r 4th August conference call  - Time variation &  modal noise

Jonathan,

OFS also supports inclusion of a 4 connection model. 4 connections have often been deployed in links having a cross connect is at each end, or in FTTD architectures with cross connect in the equipment room, interconnect in the floor closet, and interconnect at the desk.

Regards,

John George
OFS  Optical Fiber Division

770-798-2432 (v)