Corrected PMD Calculation

Everyone,

The previous paper I emailed out addressing Vipul Bhatt's PMD exercise had
an
error in one of the probability distributions.

The error has a negligible effect on the numerical result, but does result
in a
slightly different functional form , which could be significant for numbers
which are
significantly different than the one's Vipul chose.  My thanks to Tom
Lenosky of Finisar
for pointing out the error.  I have attached a corrected version of the
calculation to
this email.  Please disregard the previous version.

Dave Dolfi
Agilent Technologies

 <<pmd3.pdf>>

pmd3.pdf